I’m so very exhausted right now! And I certainly don’t feel like blogging. But I also know that spending a bit of time writing would help with my mood and my focus. So here’s what I’m going to do tonight. I’m simply going to write a list of ten things that I am thankful for right now. Because that can’t possibly hurt, right? Here goes:
- This delightful “Happy Planner” that my hubby got me as a treat from Michael’s!
It really is a happy planner—pretty much everything about it makes me happy! Maybe that’s just because when I look at this neatly color-coded page it helps me feel like the insanity of my world is slightly more under control… but hey! It works! So I am thankful!
- Fruit! I love fruit. And I’m really thankful that fruit is super nutritious on top of being absolutely delicious, because that just improves my life in multiple ways! So its also efficient, which is another thing I highly value!
- The “Paper Folders”. The Paper Folders are a superb troop of students from the youth group at FBC who show up at the church every Friday after school to fold the bulletins for Sunday (hence the name “Paper Folders”) and complete whatever other random tasks we have awaiting them. Today my workload got away on me a little bit, and if it wasn’t for those Paper Folders, I think I would still be at the office trying to get everything done for Sunday. These kids are seriously the bomb, and I can’t imagine life at FBC without them!
- This growing mountain of baby things that people just keep on adding to. If things continue at this rate, I don’t think we’re going to have to buy a single item for the first year of our child’s life! I’m super thankful for all of the awesome baby items that our friends and family have lovingly passed on to us.
- Speaking of things being given to us, one item that I feel deserves its own mention here is the maternity pants that turned up in my life recently! I was eager to purchase as few maternity items as I possibly could, and so far, I have only picked up two or three items from Value Village. Why? Because I have an amazing friend who just keeps passing on these brilliantly comfortable maternity pants that I can’t actually imagine my life without right now! They are definitely a game changer!
- Fall. Most people probably think I’m crazy, but I am super excited about the “crispiness” in the air these days. Summer was wonderful, but I love it when seasons change. There is something very refreshing about it for me, and for that reason, I am thankful for fall!
- This one is hard to say… but my trusty old iPhone 4s. Earlier this week my iPhone 6 snuck into the washing machine along with all of my bed sheets (OOPS!), and no amount of time drying off in a bucket of rice could save it! So that was a bummer. But thankfully I still had my old iPhone 4s kicking around to save the day. It’s super slow, and it feels like a tiny, little toy in my hands now, but it’s a phone. And I was even able to access all of my photos and contacts through iCloud, so things could have been a lot worse!
- The beautiful little baby girl who is just growing like a weed inside of me and getting ready to make her debut in around twelve weeks time. I’m thankful for every kick, every hiccup, every ache and pain, because I know that it will all be so worth it when I get to hold her in my arms for the first time. I’m really not one for taking or sharing a lot of “bumpies”, but here’s one to express just how grateful I am for this little critter growing inside of me.
- My husband. Not to get all mushy and gross here, but I am genuinely so thankful for him. Life has been an absolutely circus lately, with nonstop work for both of us and very few moments where we can just shut out the world and relax together. Things have been tense, and naturally, my emotions have been all over the place. But he is so patient, so supportive, and so willing to extend grace when I need it (which is often!). I am so thankful for Him!
- The fact that the God of the universe treasures me as a work of art, carefully and intricately pieced together by his own hands.
Psalm 139:13-14 says, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.”
Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
I am so thankful for who I truly am, and for how much thought and intention were put into my creation. Your life and my life are gifts to the world, because God made us to bear his image, to know and be known by him, and to accomplish the wonderful things he has in store for us. I can’t think of anything more wonderful to be thankful for today, or any day, for that matter.
What are you thankful for today?