Each day this month I will be answering one question from these December Journal Prompts.
Day 16: Make a list of all the things you’ve been grateful for this year.
Oh gosh. Make a list of ALL the things I have been grateful for this year? That would be impossible. I am so blessed. My heart is so full. I have so much to be incredibly grateful for. I couldn’t possibly write them all down, and I couldn’t possibly expect anyone to read the whole list if I did! So I’ll limit myself to 10 things… and to keep it interesting, I’ll add a few pictures!
1. Avra, and all things Avra related. Watching her grow and learn. The fact that she is healthy and thriving. Just getting to be her mom. Basically everything about this year with her. It has all been spectacular.
2. Local friends who are more like family. These people make my life so much more rich and meaningful. I couldn’t imagine doing life without them.
3. The girls who covered my maternity leave. They did such an amazing job of running FBC KIDS in my absence, and truly honored me by allowing me to serve alongside them.
4. My trip to Atlanta for the Orange Conference. I learned so much and had such a fantastic time. I’m grateful to be a part of a church leadership team that values strategic thinking and personal growth.
5. The support of my truly amazing husband. He’s always been helpful, but this year he went above and beyond. He’s an incredible father and the best teammate I could possibly imagine navigating life with!
6. My stroller. This one might seem trivial compared to a lot of these other items on this list, but for real… with how many options are out there, it was so stressful picking out a stroller! But I can proudly report that I picked a good one! There have been so many times this year when I have seriously thought to myself, “I am so thankful that I picked this stroller!” Not to mention the fact that Ryan’s parents purchased it for us as a gift… another thing that I’m super grateful for!
7. Answered prayers. I can’t even begin to recount all the answered prayers that I experienced this year. One in particular is definitely worth mentioning: Avra turned out to be a fantastic sleeper! Let me tell you… a lot of prayers went up about that!
8. Family visits. It’s so hard living far away from your family. I was very grateful for every single family visit that happened this year—whether it was family coming to visit us, or vice versa.
9. New challenges. I’m always grateful for an opportunity to grow in character and learn something new. There were plenty of these opportunities this year!
10. God’s grace. As always, I am eternally grateful for the amazing grace of God. Everything I am and have—it’s all because of Him. I deserve none of it, and yet He continues to bless. It’s astonishing and humbling all at the same time.
As I said from the start, there’s just no way I could list all the things I have been grateful for this year. There have been too many blessings to count—and that in and of itself is something I am so very grateful for.
God is so good, and He definitely deserves the credit for everything good in my life!